Sets up and disconnects donors from PCS2 machine.
This position is responsible for preparing the donor, donor area and equipment for the pheresis process.
* Prepares donor booth and autopheresis machine for the pheresis process.
* Monitors the donor and the pheresis process, responds to specific alarms or signals that may occur during the process.
* Disconnects the donor when the process is complete.
* Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction by donor may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate staff.
* May be required to document biohazard waste disposal logs.
* May be involved in daily calibration and troubleshooting of equipment, including resolution of out-of-spec results and equipment failures.
* Ensures the accurate and legible recording of patient data in charts, records and Donor Management System (DMS) as outlined in SOP’s.
* Maintains clean and efficient work environment and ensure sufficient operating supplies are available as needed. Follow all Health Safety and Environment SOP’s and OSHA policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information. REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of three months work experience, preferably in medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must be able to perform basic math calculations.
* Required to maintain ZLB Plasma Technical Training certification.
* Proficient in English language
* CPR certification or the ability to obtain certification preferred
Worker Sub Type:Regular