Provides data support services for all laboratory testing and laboratory customer relations services for all collection centers, internal and external.
1 Monitors calls/call logs for appropriate handling. Promotes and ensures superior customer service. Initiates and investigates customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner. Reviews departmental logs and other records for accuracy and completeness.
2 Logs and may initiate Center Feedback Reports (CFR). Communicates CFR data to collection centers via phone, email and hardcopy.
3 Consolidates, prepares and enters information into the National Donor Deferral Registry (NDDR). May assist with NDDR inquiries from the centers
4 Completes and monitors department Incident Reports.
5 Performs clerical duties including: archiving, storage, retrieval, filing, mailing, copying results for laboratory files, answering phones, faxing documents and preparing data for statistical reports.
6 Performs verbal, written and computerized test data entry of results accurately and in a consistent, timely manner. Separates and sorts test results for data entry into the electronic donor management system. Enters, verifies and tracks these entries.
7 Generates and distributes daily reports to ensure units are not lost due to incomplete testing. Reviews and verifies Sample Hold sheets and follows established protocols for review and subsequent holding and release of samples.
8 Collects, collates, verifies and distributes confirmatory reports from the reference laboratory.
9 Follows all safety regulations, Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies and rules. Maintains a clean, safe work environment.
10 Other job-related duties as assigned: preparing samples for confirmatory testing and preparing Pool Samples for required testing.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Two (2) years of customer service experience, preferably in a laboratory setting. Prior laboratory experience preferred. Basic computer skills required. Must be able to enter data into laboratory’s computer system
(physical & mental requirements) • Shares information with internal and external contacts with common desire to reach a solution
• Understands, remembers and communicates routine, factual information and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
• Ability to complete routine forms or conduct routine oral communications
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to lift or carry up to 10 lbs
• Occasionally performs tasks while in extreme temperature (2-8º degrees C and -32º degrees C)
• Occasionally required to wear personal protective equipment
• Occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures and blood borne pathogens
• Overtime and working extended hours may be required
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Worker Sub Type:Regular