This position is responsible for the accurate and timely sampling, testing, shipping and storage of plasma collected from donors
* In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) responsible for collecting plasma samples and moving plasma units to freezer to ensure product quality.
* Ensures plasma units are properly stored and inventoried according to SOP’s. Scans samples into MailDocs
* Utilizes sterile technique to draw samples and uses heat sealer to assure the sterility and quality of plasma unit samples.
* Ensures the accurate and legible recording and maintenance of data in charts, records and Donor Management System (DMS) as outlined in SOP’s.
* Monitors freezer and refrigerator temperatures and immediately informs appropriate personnel if equipment is not functioning properly. Records variances.
* Documents biohazard waste disposal logs.
* Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to SOP and POP.
* Maintain clean efficient work environment, and ensure sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follow all HSE and OSHA policies and procedures.
* Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
* Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information REQUIREMENTS:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of three months experience in laboratory or warehouse environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must be able to perform basic math calculations.
* Required to maintain ZLB Plasma Technical Training certification.
* Proficient in English language
* CPR certification or the ability to obtain certification preferred
Worker Sub Type:Regular