Performs specific procedures for the screening and controlling of material used in the processing, manufacture and distribution of blood and plasma products.
1 Independently performs, interprets and troubleshoots laboratory procedures related to unit and/or donor suitability testing and other assays as required.
2 Performs routine analytical testing using manual and automated methods and procedures. Analyzes test results against set controls.
3 Completes maintenance and Quality Control (QC) per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Works within the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) guidelines and adheres to all regulatory standards within the Lab.
4 Participates in continuing education.
5 Follows all safety regulations, Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies and rules. Maintains a clean, safe work environment.
6 Operates analytical instrumentation and technical laboratory equipment. Performs and documents troubleshooting and calibration of instructions. Performs and documents routine preventative maintenance of assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure. Notifies Supervisor of unresolved instrument issues.
7 Other job-related duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in Medical laboratory Science or associated field required.
• Minimum Medical Lab Technician (MLT) designation as required by the State of Tennessee.
• Two (2) years of related experience preferred.
(physical & mental requirements) • Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
• Understands, remembers and communicates routine, factual information
• Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
• Ability to complete routine forms or conduct routine oral communications
• Overtime and working extended hours may be required to support the operational needs of the lab
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to lift or carry up to 40 lbs.
• Occasionally exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and blood borne pathogens
• Occasionally required to wear personal protective equipment
• Overtime and working extended hours may be required to support the operational needs of the laboratory
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Worker Sub Type:Regular