This position is responsible for the receipt and organization of materials, supplies and donor samples at the laboratory, as well as assigned duties related to facility maintenance.<br><br>
1 Perform physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distribution of materials, parts, supplies, specimens and equipment.
2 Operate material handling equipment such as automated carriers, pallet jacks, hand trucks, conveyers, compactors and forklifts in a safe manner. Assist with maintenance and inspections on the equipment. Participate in regular mandatory equipment training and maintain Fork Truck certification as required by OSHA requirements.
3 Perform administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distribution of materials, parts, supplies, specimens and equipment. These tasks may involve the use of computer systems or programs, internet searches or applications, and/or telephone, with all appropriate follow-up, for completion.
4 Receive materials, supplies and specimens from delivery services. Document materials, supplies and specimen receipts on appropriate logs. Unpack and reconcile products against packing list.
5 Troubleshoot, communicate, investigate and begin resolution for all in-bound and out-bound sample shipment delays.
6 Organize all materials, supplies and specimens in the appropriate storage areas. Inspect stocks and distribute inventory materials. Ensure materials and goods inventory controls security and accountability.
7 Prepare and organize materials, which are shipped to other locations as well as maintain shipping records.
8 Follow all safety regulations, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies and rules. Must comply with corporate HSE policies, including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which is mandatory in designated areas. Approved PPE includes lab coats, face shields and approved gloves. Safety goggles may be required for some tasks. Job includes handling bio-hazardous waste in a safe manner.
9 Maintain the facility to include the laboratory, grounds and parking areas as required by company standards and SOPs for laboratory environments as directed by management, completing documentation as appropriate. Utilize facility-related computer systems for maintenance or security. Complete facility maintenance and repairs assigned duties.
10 Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), company policies and procedures. Promote and support HSE/safety actions at all times.
11 Maintain professional image and confidentiality of all company records and information at all times.
12 Other job-related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required Experience • Basic computer skills required
• Prior experience in material handling and/or maintenance preferred
• Familiarity with SAP preferred
(physical & mental requirements)
• Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
• Ability to complete routine forms or conduct routine oral communications
• Frequently walking, standing and bending with a moderate amount of time squatting
• Ability to lift or carry up to 50 lbs
• Occasionally exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and blood borne pathogens
• Occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Frequently required to wear personal protective equipment
• Frequently performs tasks while walking and standing
• Overtime and working extended hours may be required
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Worker Sub Type:Regular